Just a train ride away from Munich, you'll be transported to what feels like luxury lake-side cottages in the centre of Europe.
A couple hours...
...here is enough to refresh your mind, eat great food, and explore everything it has to offer.
Of my five days in Milan, I decided to set aside a day to make a day trip to Cinque Terre - a coast line area filled with five villages and breathtaking views. To make the most of our day and see as much as we could, we left at 6 in the morning for our train and returned back for our commute to Milan at night around 7 in the evening. Here's the exact route we took:
- 6:00 - Leave Milan for La Spezia via train
- 9:00-11:00 - Explore La Spezia
- 11:00 - Leave for Manarola via train
- 11:20 - 3:00 - Explore Manarola
- 3:00 - Leave for Riomaggiore via train
- 3:20-7:00 - Explore Riomaggiore + watch the sunset
- 7:00-11:00 - Commute back to Milan
We visited 2 of the 5 villages on the coast: Manarola, and Riomaggiore which I think are the most popular. La Spezia is another city with an amazing dock and mountain views. See it for yourself and scroll for more.
Finally visiting Milan was a dream come true. From going up the Duomo to bumping into carnivals in the park, it feels like I know the ins and outs of the city. Here's a visual summary of my trip.